Tuesday 30 December 2014

2014 Make Up Favourites

It has taken me a long, long time to try and whittle this post down to just ten products but finally I have made this as short as humanly possible. Of course I could talk about umpteen make up products I have used and loved this year, but I tried to think about products I have not only enjoyed using but now consider necessities in my make up routine. 


First up is a primer. Although I have spent most of the year using Kiehls Micro-Blur Skin Perfector, I recently discovered the Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation Primer and it has replaced my beloved Kiehls. Aside from the fact you get more for your money, I find that this leaves my skin so smooth and my make up glides on perfectly. I changed primers because I wanted to use something oil free and it makes such a difference for an oily skinned gal like myself. 

The next product was the easiest choice for this post as I have used it literally every day since May and that is the Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet. I have no complaints whatsoever with this foundation. I use it in the day time and it looks so natural on the skin, but it is also really buildable to take your look from day to night time in a matter of seconds. 

My favourite concealer of 2014 is the Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer in the shade light. This concealer is so light and creamy but just covers dark circles amazingly. It does not sit in any fine lines and can also be re-applied throughout the day without going cakey.

When my under eye circles are particularly bad, or if I just want to add a highlighted glow I have been reaching for the MAC Prep and Prime Pen in the shade Light Boost. I love this and definitely want to try out the other shades next year!

I discovered a new eyebrow pencil this year and that was the Soap and Glory Archery Brow Pencil. I have both shades of this as I prefer Blondshell for the day and Hot Chocolate for night. The brush on the end of the pencil is brilliant and this product is a great dupe for the Anastasia Brow Wizz but for a fraction of the price.

2014 was the year I had a love affair with gold and bronze eyeshadows and also Charlotte Tilbury, so it comes as no surprise I had to mention two eyeshadow products from the lady herself. First is the Colour Chameleon Eyeshadow Pencil in the shade Champagne Diamonds. This eyeshadow is so versatile and so so quick and easy to use. It can be used as a liner or smudged all across the lid and below the eye. The next product is the Golden Goddess Luxury Palette. This product is so lavish and luxurious and really makes your eyes pop. I love all of the shades in this, and the size makes it perfect to carry around. Charlotte Tilbury's online tutorials are also great at showing you how to make the most of the palette.

My final eye product is the Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara. After months of moaning about my eye make up smudging under my eye, I caved and bought this and am so glad I did. The brush is so cute and tiny and makes it so easy to get into the corner and coat every lash without looking too heavy or doll like. It does not smudge or cause that horrible flakiness under your eye and I have already recommended this mascara to everyone I know.

Finally (sorry for the rambling) is a lip product. I have been really enjoying getting into lip products this year but if I had to choose only one to mention here it would have to be MAC Patisserie. A perfect 'your lips but better' colour, I have been wearing this almost every day since summer this year. If you're into nudes, then there is no doubt you would love this lipstick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments are really appreciated so thank you so much.